Thursday, June 21, 2012

More delay

I haven't posted in a while due to my job having a few demands for some migration work.  This has also taking a toll on the tn5250 emulator I'm writing for Android.

Additionally, I've been reading up on tn5250e stuff.  The protocol allows for things like menus and radio buttons to be implemented into the binary stream.  I hadn't considered adding tn5250e to my emulator and most likely I won't add it either.  Too much of a headache.

I'll be able to add small things to my code over the next few weeks, but I won't really get to do major coding until August.  Bummer...

I want to have my first usable release before I push the source to the open, but the emulator will be GPLv2.  I may make the libraries LGPLv2.  The first release may be a bit monolithic.

1 comment:

tec said...

Hey good luck. Keep us posted.