Monday, November 02, 2009

Code and Pre Tags

Hello.

Usually when I do some code, I just really place it between some <pre> tags. If it will have a lot of < and > symbols (like C++ code). I'll do the code really quickly in gedit and replace them with the entities that correspond to them.

However I was on Microsoft's web site and I really liked the idea of how they surround their code with a little blue box with a bigger top border.

Now using Firebug to look at the CSS for this, it is a really simply addition to what I was doing.


This is what I was doing...
<pre style="border:1px solid #8888FF">



However, as you can see in the above example, I'm using a similar usage of the MS CSS except I've made it green as such:


This is my new take.
<pre style="border-style: solid; corder-color: rgb(192,231,192); border-width: 10px 1px 1px;white-space: pre-wrap;word-wrap: break-word;">



Also I've been trying to understand how ScribeFire works with <br />. I am still working on it. Also, I will try to get my own CSS written and uploaded to Blogger when time permits.

No comments: