Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Inkscape 0.47 is HERE!!!

OMFGRTFBBQ!!! Inkscape 0.47 is here! This is hands down the best tool for SVG work, period! You can read the release notes here.

Biggest item on my list is the Spiro tool. This has to be the coolest tool ever. Instead of storing the object as a set of bezier curves, it is stored as a set of points with curves where needed. Trying to get perfect curves are no longer a pain in the BBQ. Just change the arrangement of control points and the curves form automagically. Perfect raindrops, vines, and more await you.

The Knot tool looks to hold a lot of promise. I hadn't seen the knot tool in the trunk code so it's appearance is new to me. The hatches tool looks very cool but I'm not sure where I'll be able to use it. The ruler effect is one that I have used often in the trunk code. It does what it says, offers the ability to draw a ruler on a path. It is very useful if you need to add scale to a project.

I can't wait to get my hands on the new release. I know what I'm doing this Thanksgiving weekend!

Um...Being with my family and thankful for the wonderful life I have (uh, yeah that sounds like it...) Just kidding I love you all family.

No comments: